Shield Classic Division is geared toward the player that wants the ultimate youth competitive environment.
This division will require a minimum established skillset, and both player and parents will need to be committed to travel and mandatory training, with a willingness and a passion to truly engage the coaches and program as a team player. Classic division is Shield’s highest level of both time and financial commitment. The advantages are real and many for those that desire to pursue this path.
Features of Shield Classic:
- The absolute best coaching to player ratio that only small clubs can provide.
- A true competitive environment with other teams across our region, be it in league or tournament play.
- Guidance, instruction, and training that is geared for soccer at the collegiate level for those that desire it, as well as those that just want “the best” without pursuing a collegiate path.
- Assistance with the college recruiting process (if desired.)
- Strength training
- The pinnacle of Shield honor, commitment, and excellence.
A Shield Classic position is earned and should never be taken for granted.
What to Bring to Tryouts:
- Valid copy of birth certificate. (Does not have to be certified.)
- Completed Player Packet.
There is a $15 registration fee to tryout for Asheville Shield Classic division. Some players will qualify for reduced registration fees; for more information contact Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Player packet may be completed and emailed to ASFC before tryouts.
- Players should be prompt, prepared and ready to engage.
- Turn in your paperwork at the ASFC volunteer table to receive your player number.
- Parent/family interaction with the coaching and evaluation staff is strictly prohibited during tryouts.
- It is highly recommended that players attend 2 of the 3 sessions to insure a proper evaluation.
Teams will be formed on the basis of turnout and player skill/talent level.
Any player in an eligible age group is welcome to tryout.
What Comes After Tryouts:
- Players will be notified of their placement via email within 7 days of the final tryout date.
- Players will have 7 days to accept their position.
- Players accepting Classic positions will pay a non-refundable deposit and their uniform fee, in full.
Classic Division Fees
$225 non-refundable deposit
Required to secure a player’s position upon his/her acceptance. Your deposit will apply to the $775 player fee.
$775 ASFC club fee per player/per season.
After $225 deposit, $550 in club fees remain.
Installment plan available.
$247.50 uniform kit per player.
(optional warm ups will be available)
Financial assistance for those who qualify.
Email to inquire
Included in the ASFC Classic club fee:
League registration fee.
No additional fees.
No hidden costs.
No player fundraising drives.
What the Fee Covers
All age groups
- Licensed, collegiate level coaches, one (1) per team.
- Two (2) training sessions per week (mandatory) at UNCA or other Asheville field.
- Minimum of nine (9) competitive matches per season.
- 8 half-day camps assisted by Asheville City Soccer Club players.
* Player is responsible for individual lodging and meal expenses associated with tournament travel.
Questions? Drop us an email!
Tom Deeley, Director of Coaching
Mark Girardi, Club President