We adhere to the philosophy that children learn best when everyone is having fun.
Starting with the youngest age groups, our program is designed to teach children to engage others with respect and civility, creating space for everyone to enjoy the game. In this way, we teach them to honor the game and each other.
As a player graduates from one age group to the next, the skills taught are increasingly advanced. Within the foundational framework of good sportsmanship, each child is given the chance to blossom and grow. And when we say each child, we mean it. Every participant in Shield Recreation division receives the same attention and instruction as all others. By modeling our dedication to the kids, we encourage their commitment to the sport and to their teammates.
By the time a child reaches the upper age groups of the recreation division, he or she will have learned how to play the game with honor, to play the game with commitment, and to play the game with excellence.
We are proud to be entrusted to play a small part in the nurturing of your child as an honorable citizen of the world.
Features of Shield Recreation:
- Volunteer coaches are overseen by professional, collegiate level coaches.
- Soccer skills and good sportsmanship are taught as two equally important parts of the whole.
- Each child is instructed and nurtured equally, leaving no children behind.
Date and Time:
Registration: January 2018 (exact date and time TBA)
Season Starts: September 2018
Who Can Play:
Boys and girls
U5 – U10
Birth years 2007 – 2012
- Valid copy of birth certificate. (Does not have to be certified.)
- Completed Registration Packet. (Download here.)
- Adequate hydration.
* Player packet must be completed before your child may participate. You may email the completed forms here, or bring your forms to the first practice.
Email completed documents here.
- Players should be prompt, prepared and ready to engage.
- Before first practice, turn in any completed paperwork to the ASFC coaching staff.
- Wear shin guards. Players without shin guards may not participate in any field activities, for safety reasons.
- Gym shoes or cleats are acceptable. We recommend purchasing a pair of youth size white soccer socks, to cover and hold up the shin guards.
- Players should remove jewelry and watches prior to each session.
- Coaches will supply practice balls each session. You do not need to bring a ball.
- Players will receive a Shield T-shirt at the start of the season and Shield soccer ball at the end of the season.
Teams will be formed based on player turnout. ASFC Rec will be coached in a Small-Group Format. The first half of session will be practice, then scrimmage between Shield players, followed by a cool down period.